Day 36 - Chaco Canyon - side trip

10 miles biking - 5.5 miles hiking













Kerry has been awesome enough to lend me a car to take a three hour drive up to Chaco Culture National Heritage Site. If live in the southwest and you've not been, shame on you. If you live anywhere else, you should make the effort. This place is like the Parthanon or Machu Pichu of the US. It was a cultural center that was used from about 800 - 1150 BC with it's own unique architecture. A lot of the walls and structures are still in tact, and it's just friggin amazing to see. It's most built in and around the Chaco Canyon, which it's self is beautiful. So I spent a good nine hours biking and hiking around and took about 100 pictures. It was a great distraction from all the gotta get there biking I've been doing.




Tuesday, October 28th


Day 35 - Albuquerque - Rest Day




Today I went to REI (huge camping store) and spent a bunch of money. Sleeping bag liner, air mattress patch kit, other stuff I probably don't need. Then I took it easy in Albuquerque, cool little town.


Comments