Day 6 - Atlanta Rest Day

0 miles

Hi Everyone,

I'm here in East Atlanta soaking up the gracious hospitality of Jay and Patrick and Chris talking a much needed day off from riding. Resting the creaky knees. I've got limited time here at the library, will flesh out more later.

Sunday, September 28
Day 5 - 4H Club outside Eatonton to ATLANTA!
75 miles (317 cumlative)

I got up before the sun and was on the road by 7:15 this morning and feeling tired and whiney and achey and creaky in the joints. It was some great riding regardless, through country roads. The rolling hills and farm country, reminded me of riding back home in Finger Lakes. i hit Covington, GA at about 1 and after such a long day yesterday was ready call it a day and started looking for a place to camp. At about 5 I had made it up to Conyers and was considering finding a hotel up by I-20, when i got a call from Crystal. She said she was in Atlanta for a few more hours, and then would go to Athens and back to Savannah after that. So i thought about how it be nice to see her one more time before heading west and looked at the map and thought "It's only 20 more mile (it ended up being about 25), I've got about two hours of day light left, I can do this!" So i did it.

Saturday, September 27
Day 4 - Hamburg to Sparta to Jewell back to Sparta again to Eatonton to some 4-H club somewhere in Georgia
79 miles (242 cumulative)

Jeez. Wrong turn cost me 25 miles and had me searching for a campsite that ended up being private. So I poached a tent site and decided to push my schedule back a day and arrive in Atlanta on Monday.

Comments

Grahamhattan said…
Typically, James, your are supposed to rest on the seventh day... But since you weren't raised catholic, it's close enough.
jameslobbjames said…
anti-catholic graham. In anti-catholisism it's the 6th day.