Day 1! (sort of)

Tybee Island to Savannah, Georgia
17 miles













I thought it would be a good idea to start from the coast, so today I rode from the beach back home. I won't actually be officially 'on the road' for couple of days.

The ride was nice
, with very little head wind and reasonably cooler weather (high 70's instead of high 80's). I also should have left the beach a little earlier as it got a little dusky towards the end of the ride. Let me just make this suggestion to Chatham County DOT: Bike lanes ALL THE WAY to the beach. Wilmington Island has a beautiful bike lane along highway 80, however past that, through the marshes, it's all ruble strip, sand and marsh grass. One of favorite parts of the ride to look at, but least favorite to pedal.

Comments

Grahamhattan said…
You better get a move on if we're going to hang out in Vegas in a couple of weeks. I'll be there from the 23rd to the 27th, so move it or loose it.