Day 3


Magnolia Springs State Park to Hamburg State Park, Ga

I'm sitting in Louiseville Public library, typing like mad, trying to get all of my e-mailing, internet stuff done and get back on the road. It's 2:30 and I still have 30 miles left to go, so i'll update this portion at a later date, once I've completed it.

Day 2 - September 25th
Guyton to Magnolia Springs State Park
52 miles (99 cumlative)

This was my first real day of riding. It was fine, thoughn I wish I were in better shape. I am in Baptist country now, as the only evidnce of man in this country side is the churchs and a fella named Brad tried to save me at lunch today. i was eating in this little Mexican joint in Millen and he comes in about half way through the meal with his wife (maybe?) and two kids and is all jovial with the wait staff and calling them by name. He asks if thats my bike out front, and i tell him it is and a bit about my trip I have planned, then go to the rest room and go to pay. But it's taken care of. By Brad. So i thank him, thinking, he's just a friendly, impressed guy, who wants to buy another guy some lunch. But as i'm unlocking the bike, he comes out front and tells me some did something nice for him once, and i say "Well thanks again Brad, i'll be sure to pass along the kindness" and he says that I don't understand, that it was Jesus and did I know where I was going to go if I wrecked my bike and died tomorrow. So i tell him thanks again for lunch, but i've had this conversation before and it's a deadend one and i hit the road. What would Jesus do?


Day 1! September 24th
I'm off (finally)! -
Savannah to Guyton, GA
30 miles (47 cumulative)

After lots of packing and life rearranging and sayings of good byes, I was finally able to escape the walkopus tenticles of Savannah this afternoon around 3 o'clock. After some pain in the ass riding on Highway 80, I made it all the way to Guyton. I set up camp in a little town park with a 1/4 mile side walk called Pilgrims Walk. It's on the site of a former African American Vocational School. I heard some drums during my dinner, so i went down the walk to see what it was and this fella's got his drum kit set up in the yard in front of his trailer, just wailing away.

Comments

Grahamhattan said…
I'll tell you what Jesus would do... he'd back the hell off after picking up the lunch tab and go on his way.

Safe travels to you my friend. And by the way, everyone at InterBike was digging on this trip of yours. I should have passed our J.Lobb vs. the world. blogspot.com trading cards or something.
Unknown said…
hey that's weird. but jesus freaks could be much worse. member that albino man in the movie Contact? at least this mexican-munchin christian-cracker didn't try to blow up your spaceship.